Monday, December 29, 2008


Nfl Recap Week 17
Chargers 52 Broncos 21
Fucking Broncos. One of the few games this weekend I had a real rooting interest in. What a colossal collapse by the Broncos.
49ers 27 Redskins 24
I was glad to see Singletary named the permanent head coach. Another gutsy win by the 49ers. Another late season collapse by the Redskins.
Ravens 27 Jaguars 7
Damn the Ravens look scary. I still think the Titans match up favorably with them.
Dolphins 24 Jets 17
Thank you Dolphins. I was so glad that you not on beat the Jets but knocked the Patriots out of the running.
Eagles 44 Cowboys 6
Holy crap what an ass kicking. What changes do the Cowboys need to make? Another collapse by Romo. Is he going to overcome the hump like Manning finally did? Or do the Cowboys need to start looking elsewhere? Im sure Tony will have some answers in the comments section.
Cardinals 34 Seahawks 21
Wow the Cardinals finally won a game. Maybe this will jumpstart them for the playoffs.
Falcons 31 Rams 27
Next week will be an interesting game between the Falcons and Cardinals.
Patriots 13 Bills 0
All for naught. Too bad Belichek.
Bengals 16 Chiefs 6
Yawn
Packers 31 Lions 21
0-16. I never thought it was possible in this day and age. Looks like they had enough of poor ol Rod.
Colts 23 Titans 0
Looks like the Colts backups are a lot better than the Titans backups. This game doesnt worry me at all. The Titans will be rested and ready for the probable rematch against the Colts in two weeks.
Vikings 20 Giants 19
Clutch win by the Vikes. Great field goal at the bell.
Panthers 33 Saints 31
Anything typical loss by the Saints. Brees is awesome and they still lose.
Steelers 31 Browns 0
Even Cowher is smart enough to turn down the Browns job.
Raiders 31 Bucs 24
What a huge collapse by the Bucs. All they had to do was win 1 of the last 4 games to get in the playoffs. Tom Cable deserves to keep the Raiders job.
Texans 31 Bears 24
All the Bears had to do was win and in. Just like the Cowboys and Broncos they just couldnt get er done. Bring on the playoffs!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where to start ? Where to end ? I'm still numb from the greatest single game collapse I have ever witnessed or at least remember witnessing, even though the writing was on the wall for this weeks or months ago. Perhaps the most pathetic performance I've seen in all three phases of the game. The offensive play selection was again predictable and very inadequate in matching up with the opposing defense. Unimaginative and very, very weak. This is Jason Garrett. He doesn't know how to utilize these players. The offense, even with the sub par play selection still must execute in order to have a chance. They did not. Romo once again proved that he is not a big game QB. When it really matters, he will fail - bottom line. He makes bad decisions, throws the ball too quickly not allowing the play to develop. Many times when he does this, he has more time than he thinks he does. He now moves unsuredly in the pocket, throwing the ball inaccurately and on a wing a prayer. He is not in sync with his receivers even at the 16th game of the season. There is no cohesion. He doesn't ever see the seriousness of a situation. He can not rise to meet the challenge. He knows nothing about the importance in being aware of who is about to knock the fucking ball out of his hand from behind. Combine that with an offensive line that played way below average. The center, Andre Gurode and Tony Romo still don't gel, no rythym. Gurode is still unsure when to snap the ball. Flozell Adams is still moving before the count. The offensive line appears to have never heard of Max Protect. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the eagles defensive strategy is all about. They Blitz You !!! They Stunt !!! On third down they will bring 7 after your QB !!! Jim Johnson is an awesome def coord but he doesn't do anything complicated. When they ( the Cowboys ) knew it was a blitz, Romo still couldn't hit his hot receiver or the receiver did catch it, or wasn't even looking for it. Penalties, what's new. Defensive Line and def coord Wade Phillips...oops couldn't figure out how to get to Donovan. The Dallas secondary was terrible. Pacman makes some of the biggest fuck-ups on a consistent basis that I've ever seen ( and I'm talking about on the football field )... well that too. Penalties, fumbles, getting burned, out of position.... and on and on. That's Adam Jones for ya. Terrance Newman , really bad performance. Marion Barber even fumbled, what the f#%@ ? Wade needs to go. He does not command respect from his team. He has no control over them or his assistant coaches. Brian Stewart ( # 2 Def Coord ) needs to go. Jason Garrett needs to go ( and may ) Jerry Jones has given the Detroit Lions permission to talk to Garrett ( being head coach there, that would be a tough act to follow 0-16 ). Hudson Hauck ( O Line Coach ) needs to go. T.O. may need to go ( and may ) if not Jerry has to pay him 3.8 million very soon. I hope that Jerry is not thinking " I'll let T.O. go and make Roy Williams the # 1 receiver. " Roy Williams doesn't have what it takes. He has like three moves total. He is an average WR at best. The 45 million dollar man !!! Yeah that worked out. Roy Williams' play was horrific against the eagles and hasn't done anything since he has been here. I hope most of that is Jason Garrett's fault. We'll see. Now on to Romo's longevity with the cowboys. To me he is and has proven to be a chokester. Yet when he is good, he is good ( that's rare these days I know ). So maybe give him one more year to see if he can develop the parts of his game that he so desperately lacks. Maybe, I guess. I dunno. I mean who do you try to replace him with, a Matt Cassel or something ? I don't know, maybe give'em one more year. But if not that's ok too. Cowboy veteran and OLB Greg Ellis says that he wants to go somewhere else. Somewhere he can win. OLB Zach Thomas wants to go somewhere else, saying he has played the position of ILB in a 4-3 defense for his entire career and being an OLB in a 3-4 D doesn't give him a big enough role. Wade Phillips told Jerry Jones today that he is going to change his mentality and some philosophies in regards to the way he coaches. Please... he is a nice guy coach who doesn't command any true respect from his players. He has always been a nice-guy coach, he will not be able to change this about himself. Bill Cowher is out there Jerry... or Mike Shanahan. I can't see Cowher at Dallas, that would be like the twilight zone or something. Jerry says that Wade is staying...and unfortunately for all of us fans, he probably is. I wish Jerry Jones would step down as the GM. See, Jerry thinks that the most successful Pro Sports Franchise in the U.S. means that it is also a really good team. Those two things are seperate. A Mega-Successful Franchise yes, but a Good Team - No Way. I don't think that Jerry sees it that way and he really needs to. With The same coaches, the same players, the same philosophies, the same lack of focus and preparation, we are going to get the same result ( aka: next season ). Change has got to come this off season in a big way.

-ToNy

Labels